Sunday, January 13, 2019

Week 18: Film Inspiration

I chose the thriller genre because this genre has intrigued me. I first chose a comedy; however, I realized that I wasn’t the most entertaining person. I look for countless of hours for several genres that I would like to work on for mouth. The deadline and I had to choose. Which is very...extremely difficult for a very indecisive person. I quickly crossed out a romance, because there was no prince or romantic love interest, that crossed out chick flicks. I landed on animated films, but I am not Van Gogh. Then, action as I thought of superheros and Spandex and I are like oil and water. I landed on Thriller/ Suspense, I researched it quickly vetting my pros and cons. I peruse through the lost of genres and read every description. Then, read a Google definition: Thriller is a broad genre of literature, film and television, having numerous, often overlapping subgenres. Thrillers are characterized and defined by the moods they elicit, giving viewers heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise, anticipation and anxiety. The ball was in my court and I was anticipating what was going to happen next. With the help of my sister,I was still considering comedy, confirming that I was not funny nor a slight bit humorous. I had no other choice, but to turn to Thriller. I knew what Google had told me, and I sat down scrolling and absorbing knowledge from the genre and finding began to watch some classic Thrillers and I am still working through them. I found out many intersing things. Thrillers crossover many genres, and even romances. The inner hopeless romantic is quaking.Thrillers can be divided into various sub-sections. However, the single greatest characteristic of a thriller is the obvious one. It "thrills" as one watches it. I found it fascinating the strong emotions that a thriller evoked on a individual. Thriller or suspense is a genre that can get an adrenaline response from me. The plots are scary, the characters are at great risk and the films are constructed in a manner that forces the viewer to uncover their eyes and watch. I always appreciated the genre, but ventured towards action, adventure, romance, chick flicks and comedy. The storylines are complex are not hard to follow. Often thrillers are about people would never experience so that is or can be exciting to watch. These usually include a plot that concerns itself with life-and-death issues. Thrillers, deal with the boundaries that human mind takes and the psychological effects that takes place. That what makes the genre more enticing. Thriller genre gives an unparalleled experience such as being able to experience danger without actually being in danger. The unknown is quite exciting. Ultimately, I chose a thriller because I wanted to get out of my comfort zone, and the suspense is killing me to seek the thrill of this genre. Thriller gives me the opportunity to look at the human psyche, and study different ways this genre can evoke these feeling unto individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR: I Was There